Sunday, October 7, 2012

A Women and Her Jeans.

Obviously almost all women have a pair of jeans somewhere in their closet, but there is some question on if they are the right pair. Finding a good pair of jeans takes time and effort, something that I’m usually short on. But maybe this guide will help someone who tend to get as equally frustrated as me.

I’m a size 22 jean with a lot of hip. For me, wearing out a pair of jeans is a nightmare because they can be expensive and hard to duplicate. It’s equally difficult because every pair of jeans are different. Even if you find a brand you like, within that brand cuts and dyes change the way every pair fits. Which means, if you find a great pair of dark Levi’s, their light dyes jeans might fit completely different. Don’t believe me? Go to a store where they have a brand in all types of styles and try one pair of each.

Lets break down what to watch for:

For all my curvy women out there, if you have some hips, thighs, or butt try to find a pair of jeans that nip in a bit at the waist. When I say waist, I mean where your natural waist defines itself. For some people (like me) that definition comes across the belly button, which most brands consider a ‘natural waist’. But for some people the waist line can sit higher or lower. It’s one of those wonders and frustrations of being a women. So try on every waist hight you can to find what’s most comfortable and flattering to you.

Women with those curves also should play close attention to the bottoms of their jeans. Boot cut jeans are classic, and any women can wear these, but straight cuts jeans are really a no-no for those curvy women. Either go safe with a boot cut or a flair, or go daring with a tapered skinny jean. These both flatter your body by either balancing out a wider bottom, or creating a sexy silhouette.

Now those who are straighter though their hips and thighs, you got kind of lucky in the jean department. You don’t have to worry about balancing out your curves, which can often open a lot of variety for cuts to you. The issues here is to make sure that your jeans don’t have too deep of a curve allotment cut into them. Especially with plus sized jeans, manufactures like to make jeans with areas for your curves to shine. For those without hips, this can lead to too much extra fabric on the sides of your jeans, which can add weight and make a women look frumpy. Look for a good slim cut, And may I suggest investing in a belt? Slim hips means more opportunity for pants of all kinds to try and sag down.

Cut is very important, but the color of your jeans can make a difference too. I’m not talking about yellow and cranberry colors. I mean the difference between light and dark washes. Dark washes can give a very polished, sophisticated look to a women. The right dark blue jeans can even be used in a business casual outfit. On the other side, light blue jeans are much more casual and can often make an outfit look half finished. Can you tell which jean color I prefer? I always have dark jeans in my closet, and I make sure to stay away from a lot of distressed details. Jeans that are too distressed tend to look immature to me, but that is just my opinion.

I know it’s not much, but I hope this helps. The big thing to do is to just go out and try jeans from many different stores and brands. That’s the fastest way to learn what works for your body. Take a friend, play around, get shop workers opinions. Then, when you find your dream jean, buy as many pairs as you can afford. Then you wont have to worry about the manufacture changing the design (it’s happened to me!).

Good Luck!

Lindsay <3

No comments:

Post a Comment