Thursday, December 8, 2016

The Battle of Replacing Underwear

Real talk guys - Periods ruin underwear.

The always funny Sarah Anderson. http://sarahcandersen.com/


I've been lucky and have managed to hold on to a few good pair of undies for years (in retrospect. Ew.). You know the ones. They cover and stretch and make you feel secure without feeling ugly. For me the magic underwear have always been the Cotton Hipster Pantie from Lane Bryant.

Lane Bryant has been my undergarment savior for YEARS. As in, since 2007. I've never wavered. I buy a handful of the Cotton Hipsters every year and swap out my battle worn panties that just can't make it any further. It's a tradition, and this year was no exception.

So, imagine my surprise when I order five new pairs and THEY DON'T FIT. It's not that I needed to go up or down a size. It's that the cotton doesn't stretch like it should and the elastic band stitching is so tight that I loose circulation in my legs. I took an identical pair of hipsters from last years purchase and compared them side-by-side with the newbies. Upon close inspection I concluded that the fabric of my new legendary hipsters has been changed.

Enter Stage Right: Devastation.

My assumption is that Lane Bryant probably made a business decision somewhere down the line to change their pantie manufacturer. I don't hold that against them. But that means I have old period underwear I have to replace, and no Cotton Hipsters to replace them. I have to find a new brand, and I'm terrified.

So far I've tried Torrid, but their hipsters don't give me enough bootie coverage. MyUndies are super soft, but don't come up high enough in the front (I have a small roll I like to cover). Lovesick is mostly lace and the lace also doesn't stretch up high enough in the front.

Next stop: Aerie by American Eagle Outfitters.

I took to the Internet for suggestions, and I was surprised at how many people suggested the Aerie brand. At a size 20 I'm at the top of their sizing chart, but I decided there's no harm in trying and ordered 10 pair. You heard that right. They offer 10 pairs of under-rooes for $35. If these work out, that means I can get double the undies for the same price as Lane Bryant.

Fingers crossed.

What are you go-to undies? Leave me suggestions in the comments!

<3 Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment