Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Everyday Makeup

Hi All!

After some debating with myself I thought it might be good to post how I do my makeup routine for the days I wear my glasses.

I start with a BB cream so I'm not so weighed down at work.

Garnier BB Cream is thicker, but I like how it makes me feel like I actually applied something

Because I get oily in my t-zones I always set cream formulas with a pressed powder. Use a nice fluffy powder brush to apply. I've found using sponges or poufs tend to make my powder look thick.

Rimmel Stay Matte is effective, inexpensive and comes in a large size

Notice I skipped concealer? I was feeling refreshed (and brave) and left it out today.

After my face basics, I go to the eyes. Remember how I mentioned that I was wearing glasses today? I'm going to down play my eyes and do a good eyebrow pencil to frame my frames, but not compete with them. I used my trusty Stila pallet for this. It's one of my big makeup splurges and I have no regrets. 

Stila In The Moment Eyeshadow Palette
Colors: 1. Instinct 2. Desire 3. Impulse 4. Wonder 5. Glance 6. Spontaneous 7. Improvise 8. Whim 
9. Catalyst 10. Captivate

I usually apply three colors to my eye lids. I did an iffy layout of which colors I use where. I always go with a cream shimmer under my brow, a light color over the ball of my eye (in this case a light gold), followed but a dark contour in the same color family (dark brown shimmer). This idea can be applied to any color palette.

Each number corresponds to the colors numbered in the palette.
Complete the eyes with eyeliner (I went with a dark purple, pictured bellow, bottom), then fill in your brows. I also have in the picture a clear brow gel I'm testing out. When I'm done filling in my brows I swipe this over them to set them in place.

Brow pencil in auburn. Clear brown gel. Eyeliner in dark purple.

Next comes my favorite part. LIPSTICK! The best thing about wearing glasses is the ability to downplay the eyes and bust out a good lip color. I went with a rosy pink since I'm fair skinned.

Revlon Just Bitten Lip Pencil in Honey. Estee Lauder Lip Liner in Rose Coral

Put on your glasses and see your masterpiece!



So what do you think? Worth looking through? Makeup isn't something I do absolutely everyday, but it can make or break an outfit. Have fun, play around. Find what works for you and invest in some good staples.

<3 Lindsay


No comments:

Post a Comment