Monday, December 10, 2012

Pintrest Art Project!

I remember what seams like forever ago when Pintrest.com was in the invite only stage. I waited months to finally be able to log on and see...a lot of nothing.

Pintrest now has blown up to be one of the best sites I'm on today, so of course I had to jump on the bandwagon and trying a Pintrest craft for myself!



Coming in at a whopping $65 these two art pieces are by far my proudest! It took me and my partner about 12 hours to complete, since they are large and we had to wait for drying time.

How to make your own:

Buy 1 or 2 pre-stretched canvases like these from Michael's Crafts
Craft Paint in Black or a strong neutral
Scrap Book Paper in any desired color or pattern
How glue gun (and glue)

Paint your canvases in your desired color. Use 2 coats if necessary. Cut out your scrap book paper in domed diamond shapes to make petals. Account for how big your canvas is and go large or small if need be. Make some large, medium and small to create depth. Don't forget to cut out two circles for the centers!

Lay out your petals first to get then where you want them. This took me a great amount of time and I can only imagine how devastated I would be if I glues first and asked questions latter!

Then glue your petals in place!

Have fun, and let your imagination reflect your personality!

<3


No comments:

Post a Comment