Tuesday, January 15, 2013

January MyGlam

It's that time again! MyGlam is in and this month is focused on beauty staples. If you're not yet familiar with MyGlam/Ipsy or my reviews of them then let me break it down for you. MyGlam is a sample bag by the Ipsy team that is $10 a month on a reoccurring subscription. Every month you get a back filled with 4-5 products in both sample and original sizes. There are many out there but the one I'm loyal to and keep coming back to is MyGlam.


This month the Ipsy team took a bit of a break from cosmetics. At first I was disappointed, but I was actually happy with most of the products I received.

Josie Maran Argon Oil:


Argon oil hit the scene hard over a year ago and it's quickly becoming a staple in a lot of peoples beauty arsenal. This oil can be used in your hair, on your face and even on your body. I've received numerous samples of argon oil of many different brands, but unfortunately I don't use it often enough to get excited about this being in my MyGlam. However, if this is something you've been wanting to try now is a great time  because of the dry weather (maybe something to add to your winter favorites?).

Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange Body Butter:

I'm so excited to receive this because I've been missing having a little lotion in my purse. This stuff smells amazing! It's 100% vegan and is free of allergens like peanut oil and artificial color. The other major bonus is that it soaks into the skin very quickly for being a thick body butter. If specialty lotion is your thing I suggest giving this stuff a chance.

Big Sexy Hair Spray and Play:
This is a classic! It's a great product that I myself waited so long to try because it's expensive, but I can't stress enough that you see this everywhere because IT WORKS. MyGlam added a nice travel size that I immediately put with my travel collection. If you can find a little sample of this in a store, try it, you'll never go back.

Nailtini Nail Polish in Bloody Mary:
Ipsy subscribers were first introduced to Nailtini in last months glam bag with a gold and teal glitter. This month they've brought us to a more classic color. There were two available, either a deep red or a pale pink. As you can see I got the red and I like it. I literally wore a traditional red nail polish for the first time last week and was dissapointed that it was tomato red on me; but this shade is a deeper cherry red that's very flattering. I was also happy to note that again this polish dried vibrant, glassy and fast. Since I'm a huge nail polish fanatic I'm hoping I'll get another color next month.

SOHO London/New York Eyeliner Brush:

Back before I resubscribed to Ipsy they did a run of custom cosmetic brushed, so I was very surprised they added one this month from an outside company. The brand is SOHO and this eyeliner brush offers an original grip on their handle to make for better stability and application. The bristles are a little long and thick for how I like my liner brushes, but it's soft and has great potential for possible other uses. Over all it's great introduction to the brand, but I think I'll hold final opinions until I see more of their brushes.

This bags value comes in at $49! I know I'll use four out of five of the products from this months line-up so I'm definitely not unhappy, but I hope they'll bring back a bit more makeup next month. Beggers shouldn't be choosers though.

Ipsy is usually a service that allows users to subscribe about once a month depending on availability, but I noticed that since the holidays it seems Ipsy has had open enrollment. So get on there and sign up while you can! I really don't know if it's a permanent thing or if they'll close it back down soon. 

Good Luck
<3 Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment